Poultry, Pigeon and Rabbits – Department F
Verne Leininger, Amanda Leininger
Rules and Regulations
1. All birds must be tested for pullorum-typhoid before they are entered for the fair. A
list of local lay testers may be obtained by calling Verne Leininger (896-7584).
2. Poultry in the show may be tested by the state veterinary lab for other diseases
during the fair.
3. All poultry, pigeons, rabbits and guinea pigs must be preregistered at least one
week before the fair by calling Verne Leininger (896-7584) or by email at
4. Eggs do not have to be preregistered.
5. An exhibitor must be able to identify the breed and sex of their entry.
6. Pigeons will be separated into classes and judged by breed and/or variety even
through the breeds are not listed in the fair catalog.
7. In the Poultry, Pigeon and Rabbit Departments, there is no entry fee and all
animals are watered and fed daily at no charge.
8. Persons showing in the Junior classes must be at least 6 years old and no older
than 18 at the start of the fair. All ages may show in the open show. No exhibitor
may show in both the Junior Show and the Open Show.
9. A sweepstakes ribbon will be given in the Open Poultry Show and the Junior
10. No sweepstakes ribbon will be given in the Rabbit Show.
11. A Best in Show rosette will be given in the Open and Junior Rabbit Show and in
the Open and Junior Poultry Show.
12. Every precaution will be taken to protect exhibits in the department; however,
neither the Committee nor the Rockingham County Fair Association will be
responsible for sickness, loss, or theft of exhibit.
13. Entries will be received Sunday, August 13, 2023, between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. and
Monday, August 14, between 8 a.m. and Noon.
14. No Peacocks will be accepted.