- The Rockingham Co. Fairgrounds is operated by a not-for-profit, public benefit corporation - The Rockingham County Fair Association
- Our facilities are considered by many as the ideal trade show and agricultural event location in the region
- We are centrally located to major transportation routes for easy access
- Parking for more than 7,000 cars
- Free high speed Wi-Fi Internet access throughout the Fairgrounds
- For more than 3 decades, the Fairgrounds has been the location where people come together for entertainment, education, business and social opportunities. The Rockingham Fairgrounds has an outstanding reputation within the community and across the region
- Located 10 minutes from Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport
- More than 1,000 hotel rooms available nearby
Exhibit Hall (Multi-Purpose Bldg.) - This spacious building is 21,000 square feet divided into two rooms. The larger room is 12,500 sq. ft while the smaller room is 8,500 sq. ft. This building is host to numerous events throughout the year including conferences, banquets, trade shows, auctions, high school proms, private parties, arts & crafts shows, antique shows, festivals, etc.
- Three overhead doors (two in large room & one in smaller room)
- Free, high-speed public Wi-Fi
- Concrete flooring
- Numerous configurations of staging available
- All-weather parking lot
- Overhead electrical receptacles
- Over 200 banquet tables and 1,000 chairs available for rent
- Fully heated and air-conditioned
Livestock Complex - The largest of its kind in Virginia, the Rockingham County Fair Livestock Complex is over 80,000 sq. ft. with five individual barns and two show rings. A dairy milking parlor is provided in the Bob Shirey Memorial Dairy Barn. Each of the five barns is approx. 60' x 200' and may be set-up in numerous configurations for cattle, horses, sheep, hogs, lambs, etc. Show rings are well ventilated and have excellent lighting. A barn office and bleacher sections are available for shows and sales. Cattle tie-outs are located just south of the barn complex. Livestock wash-racks are located throughout the complex.
- Farm Credit Show Ring - approx. 100' x 120'
- Farm Credit Knowledge Center Show Ring - approx. 100' x 100' (large hoop structure)
- First Bank & Trust Beef Barn (north) - approx. 60' x 200'
- In Memory of Jerry McCammon (south) - approx. 60' x 200'
- Top Bead Welding Services Barn (sheep and hogs) - approx. 60' x 200'
- Valley Urgent Care Barn - approx. 60' x 200'
- Sign Pro 4-H and FFA Barn - approx. 60' x 200'
- Cattle pens, hog pens, sheep and goat pens available for rent
- Free, high-speed public Wi-Fi
- Auction sale-rings available
- Adjacent campground for approx. 65 RVs or trailers
Pepsi Grandstand - With bleacher seating for nearly 4,000 people, this facility is home to various events including tractor pulls, rodeos, demolition derbies, concerts, Jeep Jams, etc.
Harrisonburg Ford Arena - This arena is ideal for horse shows, antique tractor pulls, draft horse pulls, etc.
Fairgrounds - Lots of open space for your event. Numerous concession stands are available for rent, plus open-sided pavilions, picnic areas, etc. The Rockingham County Fairgrounds hosts many events each year including 5K runs, Festivals, Car shows, BBQ competitions, Relay for Life, Church fund-raisers, and more.