Supervision: The Office Manager shall be employed by the Rockingham County Fair Association and is under the direct supervision of the General Manager.
Summary: Manages all administrative tasks of the Fair Association by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing and maintaining filing systems; reviewing purchase order and supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions. Due to the nature of this job and especially during County Fair week, the schedule for this position is flexible and requires some nights and weekends. The goal is to average 40 hours per week year-round.
- Work from supplied office space at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Supervises the operation and maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Purchases office supplies and office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Works with the Association Treasurer to maintain all account books, issue payment checks, record payments made, prepare deposits, etc.
- Initiate and execute contracts with facility rental clients.
- Assists in preparation of various Fair-related documents including Fair catalog, brochures, and other publications
- Works with Fair Department Heads to ensure a successful Fair
- Assists with ticketing, web site maintenance, social media and various other functions
- Assists in maintaining staff personnel records
- Writes correspondence and assists in maintaining events calendar
- Must be able to work with all ages and may have oversight of work performed by volunteers or an intern
- Ability to work in a small office setting
Overall Requirements: The position requires knowledge of Quick Books, accounting, customer relations, and personnel/hiring policies sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility as illustrated in the above job description.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise judgment in all administrative functions of Office Manager.
- Ability to maintain positive, harmonious relationships with other employees, officials and the public.
- Must be able to write legibly, as well as write and read cursive.
- Possession of a valid Virginia driver's license and have a demonstrated safe driving record.
- College degree, technical training, or higher education classes preferred but will consider high school or GED with experience.
- Five years of experience in a related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities is preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to make practical decisions concerning applicable federal/state/local regulations.
- Ability to maintain detailed records and prepare reports as required using MS Suite programs and other computer programs to create and save records.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, General Manager and the Board of Directors, including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities and disabilities.
- Ability to respond appropriately to constructive criticism.
- Ability to work alone, work with others in a team environment with minimum supervision, and maintain appropriate, respectful interrelationships with co-workers.
- Ability to serve the public with diplomacy and respect, including occasional encounters with irate/hostile persons.
- Maintain confidentiality of facilities information/records according to Employee Handbook.
- Must be willing to work some weekends and holidays to manage the appropriate responsibilities of Fairgrounds events on certain weekends and holidays.
- Ability to respond swiftly, rationally and decisively to emergency situations.
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple tasks
Compensation: Wage shall be based on experience and knowledge of areas outlined. Insurance, paid holidays, retirement, and vacation included in compensation package. Office hours are typically 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. The individual that fills this position may be asked to perform other duties as assigned that fall within the typical duties of this job description, including work in other functional areas to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload as determined by the Fair Association General Manager or Board of Directors.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter
describing your experience and how it relates to the job requirements along
with a resume showing your work history to
mail to 4808 South Valley Pike, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.